What do I need to bring with me to my appointment?
By Mary, Jan 17 2017 09:45PM
Shopping for a wedding gown is a special, exciting, and important part of making your wedding dreams come true. There are always things to consider when making any prominent purchase and selecting a wedding gown is no different. Questions arise, especially in the selection of bridal attire, which you may not know the answer to. We hope to answer a few of those for you ahead of time. (Please feel free to ask us if there is something we have missed!)
What should I bring to my appointment? Do I need to bring anything at all?
This is question that has many answers!
• From a practical standpoint you may want to bring or wear undergarments similar to those you may wear on your wedding day: strapless bra, appropriate underwear, shoes comparable to those you want to wear.
• Bring your Pinterest images, magazine pages, childhood sketches, Great-Grandma’s lace veil, and anything else that will shape your vision of beauty into reality.
• Bring three or four people whose opinions are important to you. These should be the people in your life who can respectfully offer their comments and still support your decision.
• Perhaps, most crucial to the experience, is to bring an open mind! You may fall in love with the dress you had imagined all along. But then, you may not! Don’t be afraid to try something new. You may be pleasantly surprised.
Am I allowed to bring in treats or beverages to celebrate the occasion?
• Unfortunately, we do not allow food or beverages in our boutique. Water is the only beverage allowed.
How many people may I bring to my appointment?
• Please bring three or four adults to your appointment. Our store is not set up to entertain children for the duration of an appointment.
How long is an appointment?
• Please allow for an hour and a half for your appointment.
How many dresses will be I able to try during my appointment?
• You will be able to try up to 10 dresses.
What is the timeline needed to order a wedding gown? Bridesmaids dresses? Tuxedos?
• It is highly recommended that your wedding gown be ordered eight to ten months before you need it.
• Bridesmaid’s dresses should be ordered six to eight months before you need them.
• Tuxedo orders should be placed two to three months before you need them.
These timelines allow time for manufacture, inspection in our store upon arrival, and alterations.
What do I need to do when I find “the” gown?
• Say, “YES!” and stop shopping. It’s ok to find your dress the first time you look!
• Your consultant will take your measurements and compare them with the designer’s size chart. Appropriate sizing will be discussed with you and a decision made on the size of the gown.
• Payment in full is expected at time of ordering. No orders will be placed unless payment has been made.
What can I expect to happen during my appointment?
• Your consultant will introduce herself and take a few moments to meet you, your friends and family. You will then be asked about your vision of your dress and wedding. Budget will also be discussed at this time. After this happens, you and your consultant will begin to select the dresses you would like to try. Your consultant will help you into and out of each dress, answer questions you may have, assist in matching accessories to your favorite dress, and ultimately, help you select the gown of your dreams.
What are my options for alterations to my gown?
• We have a list of qualified alterations specialists in Southeast Wisconsin that we can share upon request.
What's New At Bianca Bridal?